Friday, October 17, 2008

Sweater Weather

Earlier this week the temperature was in the 80s during the day and the sun was shining. Pretty weather but not really appropriate for mid October. But today everything changed. Suddenly and dramatically. All of a sudden its fall! I wonder if its going to stay cold this time. I know, I know. In a few months I'll be complaining about the cold weather and wishing for hot sunny days, but rifht now it feels right for it to be cold and overcast-- cozy knitting weather! And it makes me want to knit a cardigan. Believe it or not, I've never knit myself a sweater. Not really. I'm more of a small project person. And I'm ashamed to admit that I don't know the first thing about making a garment actually fit me. But I love wearing cardigans and its probably time I knit myself one. I haven't done fairisle in ages and am thinking I'd like something with some fairisle colorwork-- not all over, just a band  or two.   Any suggestions? 

No comments: