Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Family Week Day 2

Family Week started with the football game Saturday and then Sunday I packed dog into the car and drove to Winston. And quickly forgot everything I said about taking time off from work. One of our yarn shop owners was in town for the weekend visiting her son who is in school down here and so of course we had to visit with her. My parents graciously allowed us to take over their living room and we played dress up with samples all afternoon. Yes- thats what I do for "work". Great huh? I think we may have overwhelmed Beth a bit, but she seemed to like our stuff so hopefully the Unique Sheep will soon be on the shelves (or better yet flying off them) at Have Ewe Any Wool near Chicago. I would like that very much because Beth was a delight to work with, full of creative ideas, and I am looking forward to interacting with her more in the future. It sounds like she has an absolutely wonderful shop, so if you are in the Chicagoland area please stop by and say hello (and ask her when she'll be getting Unique Sheep yarn in!) 

After the meeting I had a wonderfully relaxed evening knitting and watching tv with my parents. Well, mostly my mom and I knit and my dad watched tv and played with the dog. I worked a bit more on Twinkle-- one more leg and I'll be done! - and my mom started a neckwarmer out of Sashimi in the colorway Ann Marie. Shes been talking about needing something to keep her neck warm that she can wear with sweatshirts but has been having a hard time deciding on a pattern. I suggested the Dickie von Beethoven by EZ but after looking at the pattern mom decided it was unneccessarily complicated (admitedly EZ's style does take some getting used to). I think shes decided on the Tudora neckwarmer for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if she changes her mind and starts over. 

No comments: