Monday, March 12, 2007

Website Making Confusion

I have decided that I enjoy Google-page making (and blogging) enough that its time for me to learn how to really make websites. The shop is also thinking about adding an e-shop and I would love to learn how to do that so that when it comes time for the shop to expand in that direction I will be prepared and we won't have to hire someone else. (i.e. I know that I am going to need a job next year and would love it if Jo could hire me to run our e-shop!!) But in order for that to happen I have a lot to learn. I have started reading tutorials about Dreamweaver and Coldfusion and its all very confusing to me. Thankfully my laptop came with Dreamweaver, so I can mess around with it as soon as I figure out how (its the 2004 version and I am sure things have changed, but its a start). I can't imagine that it will be that hard once I figure out how it works but the tutorials are so confusing! Anyone have suggestions on good, clearly written books on building website (especially e-shops) and running an e-business? Oh, and we use Quickbooks in the shop so we will want to make sure our e-shop is Quick Books friendly.

No comments: