Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Florida

I am going to be in Tampa, Florida all week for the Society for Applied Anthropology conference. After a 17hr drive we arrived last night. I am not presenting until Saturday (which is good since I have no idea what I am going to say) and there aren't a terribly great number of sessions that I feel strongly about attending, so I should have a decent amount of downtime to work on class work (of which I have too much) and maybe squeeze in some knitting. Nearby St. Petersburg hosts a couple of yarn shops which I would love to visit if I get the chance. The first thing I need to do is find a nice little coffee shop with wireless internet where I can sit and get some work done.

Update: found a sandwich shop/cafe with wireless but no outlets to plug in. Cute little place, moxiesdowntown.com, but I'm afraid I'm going to run out of juice. Having to struggle so hard just to get online and work on a paper makes me grumpy. I hope this sandwich is good enough to cheer me up.

Update #2: It was. I recommend the Cuban Sandwich for anyone visiting Tampa. Its yummy. Plus I found a nice little park to sit in and read, I can only get a weak wireless signal there, though.

No comments: