Friday, December 14, 2007

What I Do While I Wind

Ever wonder what I do during the many hours of yarn skeining/reskeining that is a necessary part of handdyeing? Well, it changes. But usually it involves listening to something. Occasionally its music, but usually its something that keeps my brain a bit more active, a book "on tape" or a podcast. It just occurred to me that instead of just enjoying these podcasts and books in private, some of you might like to hear about it. So today I want to tell you about Escape Pod. I just discovered this pod cast, but so far I am really enjoying it. Escape Pod is a free podcast put out about once a week. Each week features a science fiction short story by assorted writers, read by different people. Some are better than others, of course, but there are already well over 100 episodes (I believe they are up to 136 so far) so skipping one or two isn't a problem. You have to be a sci fi fan to "get" it, of course, but its worth checking out if you are interested. If you like it, they accept donations, but otherwise its free.

No comments: