Sunday, December 23, 2007

'Twas the Day Before the Day Before Christmas...

And I don't know what to do. All my Christmas gift knitting is done (as of last night). I'm more or less done with my gift shopping (ok, there is one more thing- an alarm clock for my aunt-but I think I'm going to go to Walmart in the middle of the night tonight for that one). I can't think of anything I really NEED to do. And that makes me nervous. I feel like I should bake, because other than a batch or two of cookies I really haven't done any holiday knitting this year. But really, I don't want to bake. I just feel like I should. Maybe I'll make some more cookies. Or dog biscuits. I like the idea of dog biscuits. I like dogs, and they won't complain if I forget and leave them in the oven a little too long. Or forget a crucial ingredient. Like sugar. (Yes, I've left the sugar out of cookies before, and then entered them into the county fair. I've also left it out of lemonade and then sold that lemonade (unaware of my mistake) to unwary passerbiers trying to support the cute kid with the lemonade stand.) But really, the dogs are just as happy when I let them lick my dinner plate or toss them pieces of cereal as when I go to the trouble of baking them treats. Plus most of the recipes out there call for things like chicken livers or soy flour. I don't even know how to go about finding chicken livers. And that sounds gross, anyway. And its raining and cold outsides and I don't want to go to the grocery store. I just threw Avi a piece of cereal. She seems to be satisfied with that.

I could work on my sweater coat, which I'm working on again now that the holiday knitting is over. But that seems a bit greedy. Can I really justify sitting on the couch knitting for myself when everyone else in the country is frazzled and stressed to the max?

Usually I have tons of computer work to do, but since my computer crashed earlier this week and won't even be looked at by the techno gurus on campus until next week (I'm on a loaner right now), my ability to do computer work is somewhat limited.

I could work in the dye studio but the gray, rainy weather has me feeling less than inspired.

I should type up the pattern for the basic, ribbed toboggan (winter hat for those of you up north, or anywhere but the south I guess). I have it all written down on post it notes. I really should do that. I think I will, after another cup of coffee....



Update: 3 batches of cookies (2 chocolate chip, 1 white chocolate and cranberry) and ABC Family Channel Christmas movie extravaganza have put me in a more joyous mood!

No comments: