Sunday, December 30, 2007


We knitters are lucky. After a long hard day of work we always have a way to relax and destress. Even on evenings like tonight when I am too tired and brain dead to actually knit. Thats what I have a knitting library for. Today was long. And tiring. I spent 10 hours doing the end of the year inventory at the shop with 6 other people. By the end of the day we were ready to either laugh or cry, and were beginning to loose our minds. But every scrap of yarn and slip of a pattern got counted. And separated out by color.

But now I'm home on the couch, with a belly full of good food and a fire in the fire place and, most importantly, a good book to read. As a Christmas present my Grandmother gave me a borders gift certificate which I promptly used to purchase the books Knitting Without Tears (Elizabeth Zimmerman) and New Pathways for Sock Knitters (Cat Bordhi). Though I always hear about Elizabeth Zimmerman I've never actually read anything by her before. I now realize I was missing out. Reading her writing is like sitting down with an old friend I never knew I had. I guess its because we both share a passion for the same thing-- knitting-- and so it makes sense that our thoughts would echo each others. Her sense of humor is gentle, yet sharp. The type of humor that I appreciate. From her writing you can tell she was intelligent, but not arrogant. And I'm only on page 13...

No comments: