Monday, July 23, 2007

Painted Sheep Contest!!!

Though its still hot and humid here in NC, I am looking forward to cooler weather. I am also looking forward to knitting sweaters and cool weather accessories to snuggle up in. Unfortunately, my current color collection screams spring and summer. I am craving rich earth tones and spice colors- the colors you associate with autumn. But to come up with these new colorways I need your help. And yes, there is free yarn in it for you. Heres how it works:

1. You send me your favorite photos that showcase "fall" colors. You get to decide what that means. What does autumn mean to you? When the weather turns cool and you want to snuggle up in a hand knit sweater, what color is your ideal sweater?

2. I select my favorite(s) and use them to create new colorways.

3. If I use one of your photos, you get a skein (or 2) of your choice of yarn in your colorway. You also get credit on my website for having taken the photo and, if you'd like, a link to your website or blog.


So look through your photo albums, or snap some new shots, and email them to me at info@paintedsheepyarn.com. I can't wait to see what inspiring photos you have, and what colors we can create together.


p.s. You get bonus points for having a good story to go along with the photo!


Too see photos that have already been submitted and read updates, visit the new Painted Sheep Blog

No comments: