Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Bad Blogger, Bad

I am becoming such a bad blogger! I keep promising myself I'll post an update, but then I get busy with something else. I am hopeful that life will settle down soon and I will have more time to do non-essential things like update my blog (and, uh, sleep). I can't complain, though, I am busy doing things I love-- working at Knit Picky, getting The Painted Sheep started and, finally, working on some of my many knitting projects. Things are going well. Oh, and I can't forget one of the most fun parts-- spending time with Chris. I feel like we haven't seen each other all spring because we have both been so busy. But lately we have finally had time to spend some quality time together. This week was "big trash pickup" week in my neighborhood, a fun time when the city comes around to collect "big trash" items so everyone puts their old broken furniture and other junk out on the curb, then people in pick-up trucks and old vans drive around searching for hidden treasure. Well, we found some treasure. We found an old TV-- you know, the kind with the knobs that is its own little piece of furniture. And guess what we did with it? We turned it into an aquarium! Actually, I should give most of the credit to Chris, he worked on it while I puttered around in my dyeing workshop...but I helped some too! Its something he has been wanting for a while but we didn't know where to find the perfect old TV. We haven't filled the tank up with water, plants, rocks, fish, etc yet, and that will make a big difference in how it looks, but I think its going to look AWESOME!

No comments: