Monday, May 25, 2009

A New Table Cloth


Its been years since we have had a table. There just wasn't room when we lived in apartments. And when we decided to move into a house that's one of the things I was really looking forward to- a kitchen table where we can eat but also where I can just sit and do things during the day. There is a wall of windows looking out into the backyard, so it really is an ideal place to sit and work on the computer or whatever. Kelly loaned us her table and its perfect for the space. It doesn't take up too much space usually but has an extra leaf so we can seat 6 for when we have company over. And its in great shape so it doesn't really "need" a table cloth. But since I a) have a table and b) am enjoying sewing again of course I need to make it one. So I picked up some simple blue and white gingham on sale yesterday and today I cut it out into a big circle. Now it just needs the edge turned under and a good pressing. I even have enough fabric left over to make matching napkins. Its a bit plain though. I wonder if I should try to find a simple trim to go around the edge. Blue or white ric-rac or something like that.

No comments: