I just got in some new soap making supplies so this weekend I decided to try a couple of new recipes. The soap to the left is a Lavender soap-- the dark flecks are lavender buds. I accidentally didn't make a large enough batch to completely fill the molds, so the bars are a bit funny shaped. But they will still work! I got the recipe here.
The darker soap was supposed to be coconut scented but I don't think I added enough coconut fragrance. Oops! The recipe was one that I created and that I've used for several batches so far.
I think that later this week I'm going to try a couple more batches. I have promised Kelly some Honeysuckled scented soap, and Chris wants some with a Bay Rum fragrance. I'm still pretty new at soap making so each batch I make is a bit nerve wracking-- I never know how it will turn out. And sometimes I end up with bars that look like this. I'm not sure why.