Sunday, February 3, 2008

Crocheted Socks

Finally-- a non-wedding related post! Chris and I went by Yarns Etc in Carrboro today to find yarn for him to knit Rita Mae out of (hes swatching with Touche now) and I couldn't resist buying a ball of Panda Silk. Lately I haven't been knitting much with other people's yarns, not because I don't like them but because I don't have time, but I just couldn't say no to this one. I love silk and I love bamboo. And it has this gorgeous sheen, and pretty colors. In order to justify spending time on this contraband yarn, I am going to try a totally new technique. I am thinking about crocheting a pair of socks out of it. Thats right. Crocheted socks. I've seen some horrible crocheted socks but I've also seen some really nice ones. Because crochet tends to be bulkier, a really light weight yarn (like Panda Silk) looks best. This is the pattern I'm thinking of using. Any more experienced crocheters out there want to tell me I'm crazy to try this?

No comments: