1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like anything natural but prefer silk (of course!) and alpaca and am not a big fan of cotton.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I haven't come up with a good solution yet. I am thinking of buying a case from Ashland Sky.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned when I was a kid but have been "seriously" knitting for about 4 years now. I consider myself to be an advanced knitter-- I might not be the best knitter, but I am never afraid to try something new and enjoy a challenge!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have a book wishlist here on my blog (scroll down, on the right)
5. What's your favorite scent?
Oooo, hard one. Hm, I like lavender but not most other floral scents. I tend to lean towards food scents like spices.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I do like sweets. I prefer dark chocolate to milk chocolate and like things like pralines and cinnamon (but not super strong) and spice cookies.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I know how to spin but don't do much of it, I sew, felt, make soap and lotion, and have dabbled in almost anything you can think of, but right now knitting is definitely my favorite.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I can handle MP3s. I don't really have a particular type of music I like. I like new and different things!
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Right now I am into autumn colors, rich earthy colors. I don't like really bright colors and right now am not into pastels.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my fiance and 2 dogs. I also spend part of my time living with my parents and their dog, cats, birds, etc.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I do. I live in NC where it doesn't usually get very cold, but I am cold natured so in the winter I always bundle up!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Anything new, unique. I like small projects that teach me new techniques but don't take months to finish.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Lets see...a couple pairs of socks, fishnet knee high stockings, a washcloth, 2 sweaters, a bra and panties, felted daffodils, a vest for my grandma, a sleeveless shell, a net bag and the great american aran afghan
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
yes, of course! thats the best kind
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
though I find myself using circulars a lot lately, I prefer straights and double pointed. for DPs I always prefer metal but for straights I use metal, bamboo or wood depending on the yarn and project
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
2 years? 3?
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
other than yarn and knitting books? I have a small collection of elephants and cows and sheep. mainly sheep.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have subscriptions to Interweave Knits and Vogue. There isn't any yarn I have my eye on right now-- I work at a yarn shop so I get to see and feel lots of yarn. I like things that I can't necessarily find at the shop-- things from indie artists or small mills. But really, I like just about anything. I'm not trying to be picky, just helpful!
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I always am wanting to learn new techniques!
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I knit socks, but don't just love it. I really like wearing hand knit socks so thats why I do it, I guess. I wear a size 7.
23. When is your birthday?
November 19, 1984
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
If I think of anything to add I'll update it!