Wednesday, April 20, 2011

How to Make Friends

Moving is a great opportunity to have a fresh start. And so I'm making a resolution to actually make friends in our new town. Friends that aren't either family or work related. But I haven't really made friends since I was in grade school. I have a couple of close friends and that has suited me pretty well, but now that I'm moving 8 hours away from the few friends I have, its time that I make some new friends. But...how does a self employed adult make friends? I don't have co-workers or classmates, and I don't have kids yet so I can't rely on meeting other moms through kids' activities. Other than knitting groups (which can be hit or miss) where else can I find people to be my friend?

2 comments:

MsLindz said...

Finding friends as an adult is hard, even when you DO have co-workers. I like my job, I even like my co-workers for the most part, but well... let's just say I don't see me being friends with them outside of work!

The boyfriend and I joined a group through meetup.com that is for adults with no kids. It's been a great way for us to meet folks, go out and do things we might no do ourselves, and it's been a lot of fun overall. Maybe you could look for something similar (or any other type of group that might meet your interests) to meet people.

sam said...

I'll be your friend!